3 Sisters Ventures LLP ("3SV Collective", "us" or "we") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this Privacy Notice explains how we will handle the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect from you in connection with your use of the 3SV Collective website and the rights you have under data protection law. 3SV Collective is the controller of the personal information collected via or in connection with the website.
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice or 3SV Collective's handling of your information please get in touch using the contact details outlined at the end of this Privacy Notice.
What personal information we collect from you through the website
The personal information we may collect will depend on how you interact with our website. We collect information that you provide to us directly (e.g. by email), we also offer founders and investors the ability to submit their details to us via a form, and offer anyone the ability to subscribe to our newsletter. The categories of information we may collect, therefore, include the following:
- your name, address, email address and other contact details;
- if you are a founder, your company and its location, the investment round your company is at and any other information about you or your company that you choose to share with us;
- if you are an investor, your investment preferences, motivation for joining 3SV Collective, the amount you typically invest, your minimum cheque size, where you are based, whether you are an accredited investor and other information about you or your investment preferences that you choose to share with us;
- your marketing preferences (e.g. your subscription to our newsletter, or, if you are an investor, whether you wish to be contacted by us about future events or with marketing materials); and
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us.
How we use personal information we collect and the legal bases we use for doing so
Depending on how you use our website, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- if you are a founder, to communicate with you and/or your company about investment opportunities for your company through 3SV Collective;
- if you are an investor, to communicate with you about opportunities to invest with 3SV Collective;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us; and
- in line with your preferences, to send you our newsletter and information about events and seminars run by 3SV Collective.
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis for doing so and this will be determined by the purpose for which your personal information is processed. Typically, we process your personal information on one of the following legal bases:
- because you have provided your consent (for example, where you sign up to receive our newsletter, or information about the events or seminars we are running); or
- because it is in our legitimate interests to do so (and these are not overridden by the impact on your privacy or other rights). Our legitimate interests include: maintaining a database of founders and investors that have expressed an interest in joining 3SV Collective; promoting our business objectives through marketing and customer interaction; and properly administering our business, for example, to contact you when you fill in our form for founders or investors or if you contact us to submit a query.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties, including:
- our business suppliers, including those providing IT and marketing services (such as those needed to operate this website or to send out our newsletter);
- government and regulatory authorities, for example to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation; and
- in the event that we sell, buy or merge any business or assets, including to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their respective professional advisers.
Storage and transfers
Your personal information is kept for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Therefore, after this period your personal information is destroyed, erased or anonymised. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we may still retain relevant contact details so that we know not to contact you in the future.
To run our business and the website, any personal information that we obtain may be transferred to and stored by a third party at a location inside or outside the UK. If we transfer personal information to a third party outside of the UK, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are protected by appropriate safeguards, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, as modified for use in the UK. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access or erase your personal information, and the ability to receive a machine readable copy of your personal information (also known as 'data portability'). Please note that you can withdraw your consent to receiving our newsletter by clicking the 'unsubscribe' button in any of our emails.
You also have the right to ensure that we correct any inaccurate or out of date personal information which we have about you. If you believe that any personal information which we have about you is inaccurate or out of date and you would like us to correct or delete it, or you wish to exercise any other of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by us on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in applicable data protection legislation.
You may also have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority (the Information Commissioner's Office) if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have any such concerns, we request that you initially contact us at the email address above so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Links to third party websites
The website may contain links to third party websites, including options to share content you have read on third party websites, for example, on LinkedIn or Twitter. If you follow a link to any third party website, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their handling of your personal information.
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
3 Sisters Ventures LLP
3 Pancras Square
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically to inform yourself of any changes. It was last updated on 8 September 2022.